Monday, July 13, 2009

Did she resign? Alaska!

A few excerpts from Sarah Palin’s speech as she resigned as Governor of Alaska.

According to her, to remain in her position for the duration of her term would be the “quitter’s way out.” So to avoid the quitters way out, she’s resigning as governor. Makes sense? Here’s some of her reasoning:

A good point guard, here's what she does: She drives through a full court press, protecting the ball, keeping her head up because she needs to keep her eyes on the basket and she knows exactly when to pass the ball so that the team can win. That's exactly what I'm doing.

(No, that’s figuratively what she’s doing.)

I'm sorry, I don't know who the hoop is and I don't know who the ball is, but I'm going to have to let it go because I don't know anything about sports.

Also, she reiterates the age-old adage that time is money:

The state has wasted thousands of dollars of your time

1 comment:

Lou said...

At least she did not say it was "literally" what she was doing.