Tuesday, July 7, 2009

Catch up part 1

It's been a while but I thought it's high time I catch up on mixed metaphors that I haven't posted. I'll post more later.

From Robin:
So put that in your pipe, and smoke like a chimney.
He's pulling my leg over my eyes. (also, punches)
When pushing up the daisies comes to shove...
He's counting wolves in black sheep's clothing.
She's a pain in the albatross around my neck.
The cat got out of the bag, and came back (and dragged in your tongue?).
Don't flog a dead gift horse.
Easy as nails.
Hard as humble pie.
All bets are off colour.

I'm proud of this one, (I didn't have any help from the inter-tubes):
There are many ways to skin hen's teeth.
Nathan:
He’s not the brightest tool in the shed, or He's not exactly playing with the sharpest tool in the shed
(talking about an overly complicated piece of software) I ended up accidentally saying, “that thing could even iron your dishes for you,” which opened the door for a whole slew of chore related mixed metaphors. “Take the trash out to dry” was another good one.
Katie K:
That act was one dog who would not hunt the tip of an iceberg.
And from me:
You woke up on the wrong side of the bed, now sleep in it!

I just put my foot in my mouth, shot myself in the foot and shot my mouth off.

You’ve got a chip off the old block on your shoulder.

(overheard during the election last year) But he has sown the wind and now he's reaping the whirlwind. (referring to McCain’s campaign)

Overheard from NPR: a lady said "
Pushing the edge of the envelope"

A guy on Fresh Air referring to the ER finale, how the show is a reunion of its own, saying that it allows for old cast members to come on “The revolving door is wide open


No comments: